Subject: Application for position of Forklift Driver
I was referred to you by a very good friend for the position of Forklift Driver at Dfp Recruitment. I’d be an excellent fit for this position, as I have the solid experience, license, and skills to operate a forklift in this type of environment. I have included my resume with this cover letter.
I have been a Forklift Driver for the past 11 year years at Mainfreight & Toll and in that time, have improved my endurance, ability to work fast and accurately, and break records for production and efficiency. I always take my position and responsibilities with the utmost of seriousness, and thus, always follow safety procedure and operational excellence. I also hold a license in forklift operation and a spotless track record. I am positive, show up on time, and always work at top speed and effort. For all of these reasons, I would make a wonderful Forklift Driver for Dfp Recruitment.
Please let me know a time that we might go over my cover letter and resume. Thanks so much for your time and consideration. I can be reached at the above contact information.
Thanks for taking the time to consider my application.
Fork Lift Operator: June 2000 - Present
- Report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Safely and accurately calculate, build and assemble customer orders to prepare them for delivery, inner-yard transfer or customer pick-up. Unload and stock incoming material from vendors.
- Other responsibilities include: Handling and organizing all materials to minimize damage, operating forklift equipment and performing routine maintenance during down time, safely and neatly maintaining storage areas, entry and exit points, and all high traffic avenues of the facilities to allow for unobstructed safe passage.
- Professionally and courteously assist all customers as they enter the yard for material pick-up or returns.
- Responsibilities included: Using forklift to pull orders, working in the receiving and shipping department, picking, packing, and scanning orders using a palletizer and doing inventory.
- Performed shipping and receiving duties.
- Pulled and stocked orders in a temperature controlled setting use of an RF Scanner.
Also have my full licence and my own reliable transport.
Apr 2005 - May 2011
Dec 1999 - Apr 2005
Industry Company Experience
- loading/Unloading (Advanced - >5 years experience)
Licenses & Certifications
|Valid From:||25th October 2011|
|Valid To:||25th October 2014|
|Valid From:||22nd June 2010|
|Valid To:||22nd June 2012|
|Job Seeking Status:||Seriously Looking|
|I am on a notice period (days):||0|
|I am available from:||26th October 2011|
|Would you relocate for a job?||No|
|Do I have a drivers license?||Yes|