Jan 2008 - Aug 2009
|Company name:||Mick's Master Painters|
|Industry:||Trades & Services|
| || |
|Position Department:||Trades & Services|
|Closest Job Role:||Painter|
|Detailed Description:||- Erect scaffolding and swing gates, or set up ladders, to work above ground level.|
- Wash and treat surfaces with oil, turpentine, mildew remover, or other preparations, and sand rough spots to ensure that finishes will adhere properly.
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, door knobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Smooth surfaces, using sandpaper, scrapers, brushes, steel wool, and/or sanding machines.
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel, and other finishes to equipment, buildings, and/or other structures, using brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Cover surfaces with dropcloths or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water and/or abrasive blasting.